Mesothelioma definition :
• A type of cancer caused by exposure to asbestos.
This cancer is usually considered a tumor of the pleura and not a type of lung cancer.
• Cancer involving the pleura (the membranes that cover the lungs).
• A cancer of the lining of the lungs, chest and stomach caused by inhalation of asbestos dust and fibers or asbestos exposure
• A cancer of cells similar to those forming the lining of the lungs, heart, the abdominal cavity and its organs.
• A malignant tumor covering the lining of the lung and often associated with asbestos exposure.
• A tumor or tumors affecting the lining of the chest or abdomen.
• A malignant tumor of mesothelium caused by the inhalation of asbestos
• A tumor in the lining of the lungs. Mesothelioma is linked almost exclusively to asbestos exposure.
- Mesothelioma is known as a lethal condition if not detected on time. There is however forms of mesothelioma that cannot be lethal and these ones are known as benign mesothelioma.